Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Workplace Intimidation describes the practice of "persuading" employees to adopt the political behvaior and rhetoric of the employer under threat of explicit but more often implicit sanction. Unless restrained by law and unions, some employers cannot resist the urge to bully employees into adoptign their politics.
- Patricia Kunkle was terminated by Dayton, Ohio defense contractor Q-Mark Inc. According to her lawsuit, this was followed the announcement by company owner and president Roberta “Bobbie” Gentile that employees supporting Barack Obama would be the first to be fired if he was re-elected. Kunkle brought suit.
- Chris Brennan was terminated by his employer, Water Taxi, for posting a YouTube video in which he decries the plans to destroy a massive rain tree, a specimen of albizia saman, to make way for a property development in Fort Lauderdale.
- Rules of the Game: Workplace Intimidation Becomes Murky in Post-Citizens United Era Eliza Newlin Carney. Roll Call. October 25, 2012.
- Ohio Woman Claims She was Fired for Obama Vote Associated Press. February 20, 2013.
- Standing Up For a Tree Gets One Florida Man Fired Eric Pfieffer. Yahoo News. March 14, 2013.