The PCO list has some information that is public, and some that is private.
Right now the information is in a .xls document maintained by the KC Dems chair and periodically posted on KCDems.net. The questions are:
- What information do we want to display on the website.
- What information do we want to make available to whom?
- How do we collaborate on the evolution of the file?
- Who needs to be involved in the evolution of this list
- How does any solution we choose respect people's privacy and protect the (non-public) information of the PCO's
- Options for collaboration:
- MS Excel
- Advantages: Easy to pull reports; current system
- Disadvantages: Single person as editor (currently the KC Dems Chair)
- Google Spreadsheets
- Advantages: Easy to use, secure
- Disadvantages: Requires Google account to edit.
?:How does it perform with ~3000 lines of data? ?:Can columns be individually permissioned (i.e. the email address is only accesible to admins?)
- Web-based database
- Advantages: possible integration with activist DB; allows multiple editors
- Disadvantages: time to develop; ease of creating new reports or bulk editing