America Votes is a 527 group non-partisan political organization formed in July 2003 made up of a coalition of grassroots political groups to coordinate their work in the swing states on the 2004 presidential election. It works to 'increase voter registration, education and participation in electoral politics'.
- Martin Frost, President
- Maggie Fox, wife of Democratic Rep. Mark Udall.
- Cecile Richards, daughter of former Texas Governor Ann Richards and veteran labor and political organizer, currently President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
Each organization paid $50,000 to be a member of America Votes. Combined they represent 20 million Americans.
- America Coming Together (ACT)
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence united with the Million Mom March
- Clean Water Action
- Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund
- Democracy for America
- EMILY's List
- The Human Rights Campaign
- League of Conservation Voters
- The Media Fund
- MoveOn.org Voter Fund
- Moving America Forward
- Music for America
- NAACP National Voter Fund
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
- National Education Association
- National Jewish Democratic Council
- National Treasury Employees Union
- Partnership for America's Families
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- Sierra Club
- Voices for Working Families
- Young Voter Alliance (made up of: National Stonewall Democrats, The League of Hip Hop Voters, Young Democrats of America, Move On Student Action, The League of Pissed Off Voters)
- 21st Century Democrats