1912 1913 1914
- Norway grants universal male suffrage.
- U.S. voters granted the right to directly elect their U.S. Senators.
- Oregon and Utah become the first American states to adopt strong minimum wage laws. Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, California and Washington follow their examples. Colorado adopts a weak Massachusetts style minimum wage law.
- Naval Minister Winston Churchill asks for 50 million pounds for the Admiralty and four new dreadnaughts in 1914-1915.
- California Alien Land Law is passed.
- Huey P. Long marries Rose McConnell.
- U.S. Marines continue to occupy the Isthmus of Panama, which they will do until January 21, 1914.
- Switzerland opens the Lötschberg railroad line.
- January: Canadian Arctic Expedition ship Karluk is crushed by ice pressure.
- January 9: Richard Nixon born in Whittier, California.
- Chinese general election gives the Kuomintang (KMT) 296 of 596 seats in the lower house of parliament and 123 of 274 seats in the upper house.
- February 4: Rosa Parks is born.
- March 10: Harriet Tubman dies.
- March 13: William J. Casey born. Will later support Nicaraguan Contra terrorism as Ronald Reagan's CIA Director.
- March 18: George I of Greece is assassinated.
- March 26: Second Balkan War begins as Bulgarian forces take Adrianople, a.k.a. Thessaloniki.
- May 13: Sandor Ferenczi founds the Hungarian Psychoanalytic Society.
- June 4: Suffragette Emily Davison runs out in front of the British king's horse at the Epsom Derby in a protest; trampled and dies a few days later, never regaining consciousness.
- June 15: Bud Bagsak Massacre in U.S. colonial Philippines.
- June 17-25: Bulgaria loses the battle of Bregalnica to Serbia.
- June 19-21: Bulgaria loses the battle of Kilkis-Lachanas to Greece.
- June 22–23: Bulgaria loses the battle of Doiran to Greece.
- June 27: Bulgaria loses the battle of Demir Hisar to Greece.
- July 15-18: Greece loses the battle of Kalimanci to Bulgaria.
- July 14-18: Serbia and Bulgaria are stalemated at the battle of Vidin.
- July 18: Greece and Bulgaria are stalemated at the battle of Kresna Gorge.
- August 15: Dublin Walkout begins.
- August 31: Bloody Sunday police riot in Dublin.
- September 3: Saburo Ienaga 家永 三郎 is born in Nagoya, Japan.
- September 5-7: U.S. Marines evacuate American nationals from Ciaris Estero and the Yaqui Valley in Mexico.
- September 29: Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa elected commander of the "Northern Division" of the Constitutionals.
- November 13: Future U.S. installed puppet military dictator of Cambodia and mystigogue Lon Nol is born in Prey Veng Province.
- December 1: Greece annexes Crete.
- December 12: Menelik II of Ethiopia dies.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.