1875 1876 1877
- Turkey (Ottoman Empire) becomes the first country in Asia to adopt a formal constitution.
- Sioux War of 1876.
- Nationalist revolts in the Balkans: Serbia and Montegengro lose war against Ottoman Empire.
- Russian Empire annexes Kokand.
- Sir Mark Sykes is born.
- Jean Longuet is born.
- June 4: Ottoman Sultan Adbulaziz is found dead.
- June 12: Nesrin, favorite wife of recently deceased Ottoman Sultan Adbulaziz is found dead.
- June 14: Cerkes Hasan, brother of the non-deceased Nesrin, bursts into Cabinet meeting and assassinates Grand Vizier Huseyn Avni and Foreign Minister with a revolver.
- July 5: Meir Henoch Mojszewicz Wallach-Finkelstein, the future Maxim Maximovich Litvinov (Макси́м Макси́мович Литви́нов) is birn in Białystok.
- September 6: Gladstone's pamphlet The Bulgarian Horrors and the Question of the East goes on sale in Britain. 40,000 copies will be sold that week,
- August 31: Abdulhamid II is proclaimed Ottoman Sultan.
- October 24: Battle of Kumamoto.
- November 1: Russia declares mobilization for war in the Balkans.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.